Monday, September 22, 2008

GEYLANG

Since I was 17, i started goin down to Geylang during fasting month on my own, with frens and all. Back 7 years ago was much more happening, bcoz I was a youngster. Goin down to the bazaar just to blend in with the young crowd was very fun. And as years pass by, the enthusiasm jus mellowed down. Maybe bcoz goin down to Geylang and shopping w my soon-to-be hubby was much more meaningful then going down there to jus mingle w the crowd.

Last Saturday, the annual visit to Geylang left me a bad headache at night. Reached there at 4.30 w mum n baby as hubby had to work. Met Dad there and began our shopping hunt. Since it was still very early, goin thru the bazaar, roads n shoping centre was still manageable. Mum bought for me a few stuffs for THE NEW HOUSE. Thanks mum! We paid and left the stuffs at the shop as it was too heavy to carry. Only picked it up on our way back.

By 6pm, we proceeded to mee sis n bf at Pattaya Garden restaurant, mum's fav place. I super hate the place as the service is freaking SLOW!!! God, when we were suppose to break fast, the chef on duty jus said 'SORRY, THE RADIO JUST BROKE DOWN' What!?? For heaven's sake, we need to break fast!!!! So we delayed by 5 minutes to break fast. My family always have eat very fast as in eat,no talking so we can cont our journey and get home early!!

After the quick dinner, we made our U-turn back to Geylang to collect the stuffs and get more stuffs. And imagine this, with a pram keep saying sorry to ppl bcoz the crowd was so heavy and I was showering w sweats in my polo shirt!! I told myself tat will be the FIRST n LAST trip of mine to Geylang for this year. As soon as we got to breathe some fresh air, we sat down along Singapore Post to wait for Mr Hubby to fetch us home.

On the way home, I keep telling Hubby how time have change. From how we think it was fun goin to Geylang and how ironic it is now. It is true somehow. Generations have change in a way tat some of us don see.

I am beginning to feel old, ey?

No comments: